Friday, September 21, 2012

Ohio artist, Lynn Kaatz Retirement Sale


Lynn Kaatz, artist
Lynn Kaatz, originally from Elyria OH, has announced his retirement.  Well known throughout North America for his collector plates, fine prints and original paintings, Lynn was twice named winner of the Ohio "Duck Stamp" competition. His artistic talents, along with his contributions to conservation, have attracted legions of collectors and made him something of a celebrity, both locally and nationally.

Laughing, Lynn confesses to being something of a hoarder. “For years, I’ve retained ownership of hundreds of my original paintings...using my images for licensing purposes and refusing to sell the originals at any price. But now that I am 67 years old, I realize it is time make this vast inventory available to my collectors.”  His official retirement exhibition will begin September 28 at Gallery One, where hundreds of his original paintings will be on display and for sale at very affordable prices.

Cocker Spaniels - original acrylic by Lynn Kaatz
To further honor Lynn, Gallery One will make a $10 donation to the Lake Humane Society for every gallery or web visitor who purchases a Kaatz original painting and tells us, "I am a friend of the Humane Society."

While Kaatz, who now lives is Florida, insists he is retiring, he has no plans to sell his paints and brushes. “I admit that I will continue to paint special commissions and scenes from my southern surroundings and, of course, I will continue my interests as a life-long conservationist.”

Flying In by Lynn Kaatz
Kaatz can look back on a distinguished career that began in 1968 when he graduated first in his class from Cleveland’s prestigious Cooper School of Art. After a few years in California’s commercial art scene, he began a full-time career as a fine artist, racking up numerous awards. He is a two-time winner of the Ohio Wetlands Habitat Stamp Competition and a winner of the Kentucky Duck Stamp Competition. Numerous honors from Ducks Unlimited, Bradford Exchange, and scores of prestigious exhibitions are listed in his resume. He has long been a Gallery One favorite.

The Lynn Kaatz Retirement Exhibition will kick-off Gallery One's fall season.

No comments: