Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Small and In Charge

Momma, Clancy and Shayna

As some of you already know, Momma & Poppa have decided to bestow upon me a new sister!!  Shayna is a two year old wheat colored Lakeland Terrier like me.  Last Wednesday we drove 9 hours to pick her up from the rescue group where she was living.  She is about 5 pounds lighter than me (as girls should be).  We had a wonderful weekend playing & getting to know each other.  Everything seemed PERFECT!  She did need a haircut though, so that was the first order of business.

Clancy at the groomer
Her appointment was for 10 a.m. Friday so we came in to the gallery & I introduced her to the staff.  Everyone loved her & the feeling seemed mutual.  We ran around the gallery together just to show how much we enjoyed each other.  Then, after we went back into Poppa’s office, it happened!  Our first big fight!  Maybe we’re both to blame, but wow!  Now I know why they’re called b i t c h e s!  Yikes!  Now Momma & Poppa have to devise strategies for breaking us up so Poppa doesn’t end up in the emergency room with stitches from breaking up our arguments.  I feel so bad.  I want to play.  Why can’t we just get along?? 

I’m not worried though, Momma knows how to be the “leader of the pack” and Shayna’s really smart, so I believe there will be a happy ending to this story.  We’ll keep you posted!  In the meantime, check out the little video of our first meeting and the pictures of Shayna at the groomer on my Facebook page.

No comments: