Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I AM FAT!!!

I have a problem!

I can no longer fit into my Speedos. Restaurant booths are getting smaller and smaller. My clothes keep shrinking. And my bath towel won't go around me anymore.

Actually, the problems began when I was eight. Back then I looked so scrawny that my mom took me to the doctor complaining that I needed pills to help me gain weight.

I think they worked.

In recent years I have been on low carbs and no carbs. I've been a vegetarian. I've downed Slim Fast. I've tried South Beach and North Beach. I've eaten grapefruit, watermelon, cabbage soup and tomatoes. Perhaps my problem is that I've eaten all of the above at the same time.

Now is the time for me to get serious. I'd love to lose 50 pounds. I need to fit into my tux for a September wedding. I want to turn back the clock.

So I've joined the Nutrisystem plan and now I have a pantry full of little packages of dried stuff. I feel like an astronaut. A fat astronaut.

Yesterday was my first day. I reconstituted, microwaved, ate and drank. It wasn't bad. I'll weigh in next week and let you know how I am doing.

AB

No comments: